Microsoft's app to take notes
Among the different applications we can find in the Microsoft Office pack, we can also make use of OneNote. This is a program clearly focused on improving the user's productivity as it works like a notepad on which we can write down any kind of idea that may spring to mind, data or information that we consider that we should remember in the future.
The Microsoft application to write notes online
As you know, the Office desktop version, for both macOS and Windows, has a commercial license but the online version of the suite is totally free. This OneNote Online will be quite familiar in terms of functioning as it will remind you of similar apps of the likes of Evernote, which you can also access totally free of charge.
Therefore, you can get an idea of what this OneNote is all about, taking into account that since it's a web application you'll only need a browser to access it, as well as your corresponding Microsoft user account. The latter is necessary because your notepads will be saved on your OneDrive cloud storage space.
Create, edit and share your notes online.
- Create notebooks full of quick notes.
- Introduce text, edit it and give it a format with a system identical to that of other Office apps of the likes of Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Insert elements into your notes such as tables, images, hyperlinks, attachments, Office complements and even audio notes.
- Save your work in formats compatible with the rest of apps of the office suite.
- Share notes with your contacts or via Skype.
- Access from any device (Windows, macOS, iPhone or Android) and resume your work from where you left it.
- Print your notes on any printer.
There's no doubt about it. There's no need to continue looking for free alternatives to Office: Microsoft has stepped up allowing free access to the online version of its tools. And although they have some limitations compared to the desktop version and make us depend on an Internet connection, we can use them whenever we need to use these apps and we haven't got Office installed on our device.
- Requires a Microsoft user account.
Microsoft OneNote 2016
Write notes as you go